Thursday 12 September 2019

WELCOME

Welcome Parents and Students to our Grade 3 Blog!  
This website will be a space for me to share some of the topics that we are exploring in class, news and information on the school, and websites that can help support our learning in class.  I will make sure to have the students write in their agenda when to "Check Blog" so that you do not feel the need to look back each and every day.  I am also going to continue using Twitter, so please bookmark the blog site, as well as following me on Twitter (@MrsOToole1)

I am excited to get to know each and every child in the class this year and I am sure they are going to be working hard to get comfortable with the rules and routines of the classroom right now.  Please remember to check and sign the agenda each and every night so we can ensure that our team is doing its best to meet your child's needs.

I have sent the links and passwords home for a variety of websites that can be played at home.  RAZ-Kids is a levelled reading program, Prodigy and Zorbit's math cover all 5 strands of the math curriculum through games.  If you have any problems with any of them, let me know.  These are for fun and to help practise and reinforce skills.  

RAZ kids        https://www.raz-kids.com/

Also, there is a policy on volunteers working with students in the school that requires them to have a Vulnerable Sector Records Check, this will include field trips, reading programs, etc.  So, please follow the link to have yours completed and ready for when you need it.  Letters are available at the office to have the fees waived if needed.


I'm looking forward to working with you!
Mrs. O'Toole